The Beaumont Community Players began life as the Beaumont Little Theatre in 1925 in the city of Beaumont, Texas, approximately 90 miles east of Houston.
In 1930, after having performed in various locations, the group built the Little Theatre in what was Beaumont's Fair Park, as a permanent home. From the beginning, the Little Theatre had a large and enthusiastic following. A full season of plays was performed each year until the late 1930's when the group, like so many others in that day, fell upon hard times and gradually lost many of its supporters.
The stage was darkened during World War II, but after the war ended, dedicated players revived the Little Theatre and changed the name to Beaumont Community Players. They continued to flourish and in June 1986, when the Little Theatre building had reached the end of its useful life, the historic Jefferson Theatre in downtown Beaumont became the Beaumont Community Players' headquarters.
The BCP continued to thrive and prepare for an exciting future, utilizing the former Tyrrell Park Elementary School as their home. After extensive renovations by volunteer labor, the BCP Playhouse housed the BCP offices and provided facilities for rehearsals, costume and prop storage, meetings, set construction, and provided the opportunity for BCP to provide year-round acting and directing classes. And in June, 2006, BCP purchased the former UA Phelan 6 theatre located at 4155 Laurel in Beaumont's west end, which is now the new home for BCP!
With the support of its members and friends, Beaumont Community Players will continue to provide quality theatrical productions for all of Southeast Texas.